Pre and Perinatal Training
With Charisse Basquin
and Mary Jackson
Learn the latest in Pre and Perinatal Therapy. Through experiential work you will explore your own developmental history and early imprints. Discover how to attune to babies and clients' early life material in order to enhance therapeutic outcomes.
- Anyone working with babies, children and families.
- Therapists and professionals working with adults interested in developmental trauma and birth.
Where: The beautiful town of Anstruther, Scotland
When: Four 5-day modules
- Module 1: 5-9 April 2018
- Module 2: 28 June - 2 July 2018
- Module 3: 27 Sept - 1 Oct 2018
- Module 4: 1-5 March 2019
Tuition: £3500.00 – includes training and daily lunches if paid by 1st March 2018
- VAT included.
- Travel, accommodations and meals other than lunch are the responsibility of the participant.
- £250 non-refundable deposit will hold your place. If we are able to replace your space with a qualified candidate we will refund all but £50.
- 5% discount if deposit received by 8 January 2018
Registration: Charisse Basquin 07531 863160 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Jackson +1(805)649-3063 or email@example.com
"Understanding how babies feel and remember from conception onwards is illuminating; learning how to recognise this in children and adults is life enhancing.
Mary and Charisse are experts in this field and teach from their wealth of experience and passion."
Kitty Hagenbach, Mother and Perinatal Psychotherapist
This training prepares participants to help their clients with pre-verbal imprinting. We will teach how to support clients in developing the skills to self regulate and differentiate past trauma from present-time triggers. In this way they can make their implicit memories explicit transforming their chronic patterns into healthier behaviors.
Learning is facilitated through experiential exercises where the theory is integrated and put to work in a group setting designed to produce a safe and often fun space.
Lectures provide a sound framework of understanding, and footage of family sessions show examples of how to apply the material in your practice.
We will develop the following knowledge and skills:
- Understand the pre and perinatal model and explore our own early history from conception through birth and early childhood.
- Develop foundational skills for pre and perinatal work.
- Grounding, tracking autonomic cycling, modulating internal tempo to deepen attunement and distinguish between past trauma and the present situation.
- Supporting trainees to perceive personal boundaries of a newborn and the boundaries of adult clients whilst in a regressed state.
- Explore how early imprinting can affect the way we are in relationship with self and others.
- Our own birth dynamics, vaginal birth, birth stages, birth movement patterns, cutting of the cord, breast feeding and supporting newborn secure attachment.
- Supporting babies to securely attach when bonding was interfered with.
- Understanding how babies express/show the stories of their own in utero, birth, and early life experiences.
- Understand and explore the impacts of interventions such as chemical imprinting, forceps, vacuum extractor and Caesarean section.
- Additional birth situations.
- Twin dynamics, double binds, breech births
- Miscarriage and unresolved grief
- Adoption, reproductive technology, ICU-intensive care for the newborn
- Create a plan of how to implement the new skills into your own practice.
Charisse received her Doctorate of Chiropractic in 1986 and attended her first birth the following year. Since then she has combined various therapies to release trauma held in the body/mind. In 2000 she became a midwifery assistant in Alaska. Charisse's private practice is in Anstruther, Scotland where she works with all ages. She also loves working with the Violence Reduction Unit of the Glasgow Police bringing bonding and attachment to ex-offenders. Charisse is a Certified Castellino Workshop leader and has assisted Ray Castellino's Pre and Perinatal Training.
Mary has been a home birth Midwife since 1975 She has attended over 2,500 home births in California and is now attending the home births of her second generation of babies. She is a certified Castellino Workshop Leader and co-teaches the Castellino Pre and Perinatal Training in Europe and the US. Mary is participating in research about imprints that occur around the time of conception, pregnancy and birth: how they affect us throughout the rest of our lives and what it takes to heal from challenging experiences. Mary has been featured in 11 books and 4 films. Mary is the mother of two children who were born at home.